I moved to a new place and I was unable to connect to the wireless network, and WORSE… my laptop was crashing with every attempt.
After reading the whole internet for many days -Yes, many days- I found out the problem is the Telstra new modems with wifi6 and encoded packages.
- Update windows 10 to the latest version
- check the drivers of the network adapter
- disable and delete the current one that is crashing the computer
- DO NOT SET THAT CONNECTION TO AUTOCONNECT. Just turn off the modem until you remove that option, or your computer will be rebooting forever and that could break the universe
- Install the latest Windows driver associated to your network adapter
In my case: Realtek 8821CE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC and I deleted the previous driver used automatically.
Blogs writing conclusions at the end of an article about fixing a bug… are pointless